Sleep Log

Thursday, June 02, 2005

June 1st

I'm a bit fuzzy on part of last nights log because I asked Adam to get up a couple times time her. I hope something breaks soon, because if she doesn't start sleeping better I feel like I'm going to fall apart. I get so hopeful as we're putting her down that this is going to be THE night ~ the night that she only wakes once, the night that she goes back to sleep 8 hour stretches. I'm not asking for straight through the night; I'm just asking to be able to get more than 3 hours sleep at a time. Is that too much to ask?

Up for the day at 8:50
Nap 11:10 - 1:25 ( 2 hours 15 minutes)
Nap 4:10 - 5:10 (1 hour)

*note ~ I was really happy with today's naps because she didn't seem to get tired last night until it was closer to bed time, so we didn't have the 7 pm nap, but I think caused bedtime to be later on Tuesday night*

Down for the night at 9 PM
Wake 9:55 - 10 (5 minutes) (did not pick her up, just cuddle over the side of the crib)
10:55 - 12:40 (1 hour 45 minutes) (ouch!)
3:25 - 3:30 (5 minutes)
4:50 - 5:10 (20 minutes)
6:00 - 6:15 (15 minutes)
Up for the day at 7:45 (between 7 and 7:45 she woke up, fussed, and went back to sleep multiple times, so I don't know if this can be counted as sleep time or not.)

TNS = 10 hours 45 minutes
NOW = 5
LSS = 2 hours 45 minutes
TTA = 2 hours 30 minutes
TDS = 3 hours 15 minutes
T24 = 11 1/2 hours
grrrr ~ back to 11 hours of sleep . . . I really feel like the key is to get extend this to at least 13 hours. Maybe once she's consistenly sleeping 13 hours things will be better. As I see it I have two options, but neither one are that great.

1. Start co-sleeping again. She sleeps really well and longer stretches. I don't sleep as well as I do on my own, but I sleep better than getting up every 2 hours. Downside is that it'll probably be a struggle to get her back to sleeping on her own once she starts sleeping more and catches up on sleep.
2. Nurse her everytime she wakes up. It puts her to sleep within a few minutes, so at least we wouldn't have huge chunks of time like the almost two hours last night (and I did end up nursing her so that she would finally go to sleep). Downside to this is that she was finally going through the night without eating, but I think it'll be easier to break her of the eating habit than the co-sleeping on.

Okay, battle plan for tonight . . . boob every time she wakes. A little part of me says "Maybe that won't be needed; maybe tonight she'll sleep great". DAMN the optimistic in me! It just gets crushed every night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home