Sleep Log

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Update . . . a new hurdle

So, its been almost a month since I updated Alyssa's sleep log. She actually went a week straight of sleeping through the night . . . then things started falling apart. AKA she learned how to sit up and stand up in her crib BUT she did not learn how to sit down and/or LAY down in her crib from those positions. So as soon as she wakes up UP she pops to a standing position and she starts fussing. But since she can't sit herself or lay herself back down, I have to go in each time and put her back to sleep. A couple times all it took was me picking her up and putting her back down on her tummy, but for the most part I had to rock her/nurse her to get her to go back to sleep. And forget trying to lay her down away anymore . . . as soon as I put her down her little legs scoot under her and she starts sitting up. And I just don't have it in me to pin my child down to her mattress to try to get her to go stay down. Things were going so well because she could easily put herself back to sleep when she woke up when she wasn't so mobile. I think I read in the "No Cry Sleep Solution" book that when babies learn new "tricks" they will do them over and over and over again until the novelty wears off. I hope that this is all it is or that the kid learns how to sit down from a standing position. I've tried just leaving her to fuss when she stands up at night and hope that she'll put herself down, but the few times I've done that she's fallen down, which of course means that she needs a good cuddle. If its not one thing its another ~ I keep holding on to that one blissful week that I got to sleep well. That'll last me another year or so, right? Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home